DDS does a best effort calculation to support drivers and fleets in their compliance with Regulation (EC) 561/2006. Stoneridge shall not be held responsible for any defects or shortcomings in this function.
DDS generally takes the following into account in its internal calculations:
- Activity data on driver card.
- General requirements in Regulation (EC) 561/2006 on drive time, breaks, rests and calendar weeks.
- Time of the VU internal clock, in the UTC time zone.
The data presented by DDS may in some cases differ from what regulation states or how it may be interpreted by some control officers, especially in (but not limited to) some special cases:
- Periods of driving mixed between analogue and digital tachographs, with new driver cards or without driver cards, in which case relevant data may be missing on the driver card.
- Extremely frequent activity changes.
- Malfunctioning driver card.
- Some uses of Out of Scope or Ferry/Train special conditions. The SE5000 Exakt Duo² supports Ferry/Train special conditions within the DDS functionality.
- Driving in non-EU AETR countries.
- International coach bus transports where the 12 day derogation applies.
- Other exceptions where Regulation (EC) 561/2006 does not apply.
- Use of compensatory weekly rest.
- Certain combinations of reduced and regular weekly rests starting and ending in separate calendar weeks.
- Using AVAILABILITY activity for breaks.
- Large deviations in time adjustment between vehicle units where the driver card has been inserted.
- Multi-manning when drivers have started their daily working periods at separate times.